Sewn and Quilted are delighted to once again be an official Australian supplier of kits for the 2017 Quiltmania Mystery Block of the Month (BOM) “Torrington Place”, designed by Michelle Yeo from Australia! We are so proud that Michelle was chosen to design this quilt for a worldwide audience.
This is our third year as distributor of the Quiltmania BOM, so we well and truly know 'the ropes', and very much like to look after all of our participants, and strive to provide great customer service!
For those of you familiar with Michelle’s previous designs you will know that her quilts are absolutely stunning, and we are positive this will be no exception! Michelle has previously published a book: “Of Needle, Thimble and Thread”, which was an incredibly popular best seller worldwide. Many of her quilts were also displayed in 2014 at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas – a huge honour and recognition of her talent.
While the quilt is an evolving “mystery” with details revealed over each of the six editions of Quiltmania, here is what we know and can share with you so far:
- The quilt is a sampler quilt, made using Michelle’s range of fabrics “Torrington Place”
- The quilt will be a Queen Size quilt when completed, approx. 90” square
- Cost will be $ 79.50 per instalment (AUD) for the first 3 instalments, and after that $ 45.50 for each of instalments 4, 5 & 6. (plus magazine/s if you would like and postage if applicable). Total cost for the six instalments is therefore $ 375.00 which includes all fabrics to complete the quilt top and binding. Current price of the magazines as set by Quiltmania is $ 18.00 each.
- The first instalment will be released in the Quiltmania Magazine #117, due for release January 2017. To participate, you will need all six issues of Quiltmania that are published throughout 2017. For your convenience, you can add the magazine to be included with your kit (just pop a comment to that effect at checkout, or email or phone us). Also for your convenience, we air-freight our supply of magazines in so there is minimal delay in supplying them to you. Magazines are currently $ 18 per issue.
- We have been notified that there is at least one new print used in this quilt, that is exclusive to the shops who are official distributors of this BOM. In other words, the only way to be able to access the new prints is to register for the BOM with one of the official BOM shops, authorized to purchase these prints.
- The quilt uses a variety of techniques including:
- Reverse applique and traditional needle turn applique (machine applique fans can adapt if they prefer)
- Hand piecing (can be adapted to machine piecing in most cases if you prefer)
- Foundation piecing (machine) English paper piecing (hand)
- Once you are signed up to the Block of the Month, we can guarantee that you will receive the exact prints used by Michelle in this quilt. No fabric substitutions at all.
- Payments will coincide with the release of the relevant six issues of Quiltmania magazine (i.e. Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, July/August, Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec 2017). We are expecting delivery for the first mail out of fabrics for the January section of the pattern to arrive to us mid-late February if all goes to plan. We are therefore hoping to have the first instalment available to you prior to the end of February if at all possible.
- Please note that postage is showing on checkout as $ 13.95 - this is an estimate only. This is the most you will pay any one month for us to mail anywhere in Australia. Postage may well be less than this some months, depending on the weight of your parcel. Please note that we will only charge you the actual cost of the postage, so if your parcel weighs less than 500gm then postage charged for that month will be less. It is also of course dependent on whether you choose to have a magazine included at the same time etc.
- We are also happy to post internationally, and postage and packaging will be charged at actual cost.
By signing up for this BOM, you are committing to the cost of the kits for the entire 6 installments. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
We suggest you don't delay registering if you're interested, as we expect this to be extremely popular, and in previous years the Quiltmania BOM's have sold out worldwide!
To register, we will require your credit card details. These are stored securely, and only used for payment of the instalments for this BOM, unless you request us to include other items with your mailout. Your credit card details are destroyed once the BOM has been completed.
REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- In person at our shop during business hours (Tues thru Sat 10am – 4pm). Our address is 92 Whitehorse Road, Blackburn. Note: our shop is based at the rear of our house.
- Via the phone during business hours on (03) 9877 1664. We are open Tues thru Sat 10am – 4pm, and are on the East Coast of Australia
- You can register on our website. However, please note that the charge will come up for the first month’s payment only. PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER, as we will need to contact you to obtain your credit card details to enable future payments. Even though you will be asked to provide your credit card details on the website, for website security reasons, these are not stored at the time of registering.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? Please send an email to email@example.com