Bathwick - Quiltmania Block of the Month for 2018
Sewn and Quilted are delighted to once again be an official Australian supplier of kits for the 2018 Quiltmania Mystery Block of the Month (BOM) “Bathwick”, designed by Karen Styles from Australia! How wonderful that another Australian designer has been chosen to design another Quiltmania Mystery Block of the Month!
This is our fourth year as a distributor of the Quiltmania BOM, so we well and truly know 'the ropes', and very much like to look after all our participants, and strive to provide great customer service!
The important things to know:
- Cost will be $77.00 per instalment (AUD) for each of the six instalments. Total cost for the six instalments is therefore $462.00, plus postage if applicable. Postage is charged at Australia Post rates.
- You will need a copy of each of the six 2018 Quiltmania magazines – issue #123 to 128 inclusive. Current price of the magazines as set by Quiltmania is $18.00 per issue.
- We can post a copy of the Quiltmania magazine with your fabrics if you wish. This can be arranged by phone, email or in person. Also for your convenience, we air-freight our supply of magazines in so there is minimal delay in supplying them to you.
- Included with your BOM packs are all original fabrics chosen by the designer to complete the quilt top and binding. ALSO included are the English Paper Pieces required to make this quilt
- The quilt is an evolving “mystery” with details revealed over each of the six editions of Quiltmania. While we can’t show you the whole quilt right now, we can show you what the first month promises. Here ‘tis:
Other available options:
____ “Bathwick custom-made acrylic template set is recommended. Cost is $30, paid and supplied in month 1
____ “Bathwick” backing fabric (4.5 metres). Supplied in month 6, paid for in six (6) equal parts with the BOM payments. Pre-order on registration to receive a discount of 15% off the normal price. Cost will be $17 per month, for a total of $102 over the 6 payments ($22.70 mt). Available while stocks last. (Fabric code 8144-0131)
- There is a mystery new print used in this quilt, that is exclusive to the shops who are official distributors of this BOM.
- Once you are registered for the Block of the Month, we can guarantee that you will receive the exact prints used by the designer in this quilt. No fabric substitutions at all.
- Payments will coincide with the release of the relevant six issues of Quiltmania magazine (i.e. Jan/Feb, March/April, May/June, July/August, Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec 2018).
- We are expecting delivery for the first mail out of fabrics for the January section of the pattern to arrive to us early February if all goes to plan. We are therefore hoping to have the first instalment available to you around the middle of February at this stage.
- Please note that postage will show on checkout as $13.95 - this is an estimate only. This is the most you will pay any one month for us to mail anywhere in Australia. Postage may well be less than this some months, depending on the weight of your parcel. Please note that we will only charge you the actual cost of the postage. It is also of course dependent on whether you choose to have a magazine included at the same time etc.
- We are also happy to post internationally, and postage and packaging will be charged at actual cost.
- By signing up for this BOM, you are committing to the cost of the kits for the entire 6 installments. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
- Just prior to each mail out, you will receive an email from us asking if you would like anything extra added to your parcel, so for those parcels we are mailing it often means those extra bits don't cost you extra postage, or if they do it's very minimal. This can be anything you'd like added, not restricted to just Bathwick related items
- We do our best to have extra fabric available for purchase if you have an 'oops!' moment when you're cutting!
- We will keep you up to date with any tips and hints, corrections etc that we come across
- We always send an accompanying letter with each package which lists what is included, any tools you may find useful, anything that we feel we can inform you of that we think will make your sewing easier in any way
For those of you familiar with Karen’s designs you will know that her quilts are absolutely stunning, and we are certain this will be no exception! Here are some of the beautiful fabrics that are being used from her “Bathwick” range:
To register, we will require your credit card details. These are stored securely, and only used for payment of the instalments for this BOM, unless you request us to include other items with your mailout. Your credit card details are destroyed once the BOM has been completed.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- In person at our shop during business hours (Tues thru Sat 10am – 4pm). Our address is 92 Whitehorse Road, Blackburn. Note: our shop is based at the rear of our house.
- Via the phone during business hours on (03) 9877 1664. We are open Tues thru Sat 10am – 4pm, and are on the East Coast of Australia
- Register on our website. Note that the charge will come up for the first month’s payment only. PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER, to enable us to contact you to enable future payments. For security reasons, your credit card details are not stored at the time of registering on our website.
- Download the enrolment form here
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? Please phone us, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org